Monday, June 19, 2006

Hello folks,

My name is Induron. I am a gnome. Or should I say, The Gnome. Of Doom. You may have heard of me. No? Well, that's what this journal is for. To introduce the world to The Gnome of Doom and his friends.

First, some background. I was born after the exodus from Gnomeregan in the great Dwarven city of Ironforge, in Dun Morogh. With the advent of the Scourge Invasion of Azeroth and the breaking of alliance of the Humans and Orcs, I decided it was my time to join in the fight for the safety of Azeroth. Being rather untalented in the magical arts, I decided to learn the arts of war. And what can I say? I've taken to combat like a Tauren takes to grass.

When I was first starting out, I had some great adventures. While questing in Loch Modan, while being chased by some Orcs (I had just killed their leader), I was knocked over the edge of the Great Dam. Knowing I was safe there, I took some time to admire the view. And in conversation with other adventurers in the region, I decided I would have to jump.

Jumping off the dam

As you can see, it was quite a ways down. After that incident, I continued with my questing and slaying of monsters. Many times I have feared for my life. Other times I have bathed in the blood of my enemies. But it was often a very lonely journey.

Lonely gnome

Lonely gnome, 2

Lonely gnome, 3

However, in the course of my adventures, I fell into the company of many who shared my noble purpose of protecting Azeroth and it's citizens and ridding the world of the greatest evils. This group of stalwart heroes is known to the world of Azeroth as Genesis. My time with them has been great, and together we have quested and slayed the enemies of Azeroth. Though many of them are not gnomes, and often ridicule this greatest of the races, I hold them all in the highest regard.

Genesis

Genesis began as a small, tightly knit group, but over time, as news of our exploits has spread, our company has grown, allowing us to face greater challenges, and more of the enemies of Azeroth. Many foolish monsters have fallen to the sharp-edged blade that is Genesis.

The dragon, Onyxia, who had extended her talons into the human city of Stormwind, was one of the first to fall.

Onyxia

Dead Onyxia

Even those who believed themselves to be gods (and convinced the weakminded trolls that it was true) have died beneath the combined might of the warriors, mages, priests, hunters, paladins, rogues, druids, and warlocks of Genesis. Hidden deep within the ruins of Zul'Gurub, protected by priests and priestesses and his worshippers was that monster, Hakkar.

Hakkar

Our current mission is the destruction of the elemental Firelord, Ragnaros, deep within the Molten Core inside Blackrock Mountain. One by one, his minions have fallen, each the first time they have met the full might of Genesis.

Lucifron:
Lucifron

Magmadar:
Magmadar
Dead Magmadar

These were the first to die to us. Since then we have killed Gehennas, Baron Geddon, Shazzarah, and Garr. And then, in the past two days, we have laid waste to the Molten Core, killing not only those six monsters, but also killing Sulfuron Harbinger, Golemagg, and Majordomo Executus, the gatekeeper to Ragnaros himself.

Golemagg

Majordomo Executus

Having accomplished this great feat of arms and magic, we proceeded to greet Ragnaros. And while we were not prepared for battle with him, we did attempt to match our strength against his.

Surprise Ragnaros!

And he was not the only one surprised at our success.

That is all for now my friends. I will continue to update you with my exploits as well as that of Genesis as a whole. And if any of my compatriots so desire it, I will be more than happy to tell their stories here as well.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what about the driuds of genesis - they helped kill hakkar 2

9:57 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Duly updated, my dear friend. There are just so few of you that it is sometimes difficult to remember even those who are so impressive as yourself.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home